The Coziest (Vegan!) Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
One of my favorite parts of the winter is making soup. There’s just something so cozy about eating warm soup when it’s so cold outside. I absolutely love butternut squash, but I had never made butternut squash soup. So I tried a few recipes and tweaked them until I had one that I loved! Try this amazing butternut squash soup and let me know if you like it!
- 1 medium sized butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- Olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Put your butternut squash in the microwave for 3-5 minutes to make it easier to cut (trust me, I wish I had known this trick a LONG time ago).
3. Cut your butternut squash in half. Coat both halves with olive oil, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and a pinch of garlic powder.
4. Roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes, then remove it and let it cool.
5. In a pan, sauté olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped onions until the onions are translucent. Add the salt and garlic powder.
6. After the butternut squash has cooled, scoop everything but the seeds into a blender. Add in the garlic and onion. Add the nutmeg, maple syrup, vegan butter, and vegetable broth.
7. Blend until smooth.
8. Pour smooth mixture into a pot and simmer on low heat until warm.
How do you feel about butternut squash soup? Are you going to try this recipe?